Attention all youth 18 and under (any students who have not yet graduated high school)!
EPIK Deliberate Digital (sponsor of the DigCitUtah website and host of the 2017 DigCitSummit) is sponsoring a photo contest.
This 2017 summit is a big deal. People from all over the state, nation, and even other countries will be coming to and connecting to the Summit to learn more about what it means for youth and adults to work together to use digital technology and skills to do good. We're bringing people together to create a Positive Digital Citizenship Movement.
We already have several photos that help symbolically show what this movement is about, shown just below.
The winning photo will capture the hashtag #UseTech4Good in a memorable and metaphorical way, and will work well (look, feel, color schematics, etc.) with the following photos.
- 1st place winner will receive $200 Visa Gift Card.
- 2nd & 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Visa Gift Card.
- You will be featured online and social media as the photo contest winner (helping build a great digital footprint).
- Photo will be displayed at the DigCitSummit 2017 as well as shared internationally online.
- Submissions are free.
WHO MAY ENTER?
- All youth under age 18 (any students who have not yet graduated high school)
- Landscape orientation
- JPG or PNG
- High Definition – At least 3,000 pixels wide
- Must be shot by the entrant.
- June, 30 2017
HOW TO ENTER?
- Review the legal and image requirements.
- Submit your entry to Aubrey@epik.org by midnight on June 30, 2017.
JUDGING & CRITERIA
- Photos will be judged by a panel.
- The winning photo will represent the hashtag #UseTech4Good in a memorable and metaphorical way, and will work well (look, feel, color schematics, etc.) with the 3 other photos shown above.
- Photos must be shot by the entrant.
- Photos may be digitally altered.
- You may submit up to 15 photographs.
- For a photo in which a person is recognizable, you must secure a model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian and provide it with submission. (sample model release available upon request)
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
- You must sign the Permission to Use Photograph form.
- Location and Photo Release forms must be signed if applicable.
- EPIK Deliberate Digital reserves the right to modify these rules at its sole discretion.